COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data. “Personal data” is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual or as otherwise defined by an applicable data protection law or regulation. AikSphere may collect a variety of personal data about you in a number of ways:
- Personal data you provide directly. We may collect personal data that you provide directly, such as when you access our website, create a user account with us, register our products, or otherwise give us your name, email address, etc. You may also choose to submit personal data to us via other methods. E.g., in response to marketing or other communications; through social media or online forums; through participation in an offer, program or promotion; in connection with an actual or potential business relationship with us; or by giving us your business card or contact details at trade shows or other events. When you contact AikSphere, we may also keep a record of your communication to better support you in the future. From time to time, we may offer referral programs to refer prospective customers to us. Please refer a prospective customer and provide their personal data to us only if you have their permission. If you later find out you did not have such consent, please inform us as soon as possible.
Categories of personal data we typically collect. Depending on your interaction with our business, we may collect:
- Personal identifiers, such as your real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, government-issued identifiers, email address, phone number, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Internet activity information, such as Internet protocol (IP) address, device and advertising identifiers, browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, the web page that directed you to our services, the date and time of your visit, information about how you engage with us (e.g., the links or buttons you click and pages you view of our website or applications), whether an email was opened, and other standard server log information.
- Commercial information, such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consumption histories or tendencies.
- Professional information, such as your title.
Sensitive personal information. We do not collect any “sensitive personal information” as defined by the the “Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.” Government of Canada. 2000 (“PIPEDA”). Accordingly, we do not use, disclose, sell, or share “sensitive personal information.”
How we use personal data we collect. We collect, use, and store your personal data for the reasons set out below.
- Where the processing is necessary for us to administer our relationship with you. For example:
- creating and administering orders for you (including, if necessary, processing payments)
- registering, maintaining and managing your account (e.g., email preferences) or for interacting with our business (e.g., via our website, telephone, video conferencing and/or email)
- providing you with support and responding to your queries, feedback, claims and/or disputes
- when visiting our offices or attending events
- Where necessary for AikSphere’s legitimate interests, and where our interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. For example:
- developing product or service features or functionalities, including when you give us feature feedback and suggestions
- managing and improving our website, systems and infrastructure
- identifying, developing, and marketing products and services that we believe will interest you
- communicating with you regarding our business, products and services, including promotional offers and suggested products, services, or new features or functionalities which may be of interest to you
- protecting the security of our premises, assets, systems, customers, customer end users, and intellectual property and enforcing company policies
- undertaking mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, or disposals, as permitted/required in accordance with local law
- protecting our legitimate business interests and legal rights, including use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, auditing, investigative and disciplinary purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation) and other ethics and compliance reporting requirements
- Where necessary to comply with a legal obligation. For example:
- tax law and similar obligations (e.g., tax and national insurance reporting, filing and withholding)
- responding to court orders, subpoenas or other legal processes with which AikSphere is required to comply
- complying with legal, regulatory and other requirements
We may provide you with more specific notices for some of the processing described above and, if we require your consent, will ask for this at the appropriate time.
To the extent that we process any special categories of personal data relating to you, we will do so because: (i) the data has been manifestly made public; (ii) the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim; (iii) the processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest; and/or (iv) you have given your explicit consent to us to process that information (where legally permissible).
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
Personal data is maintained on our servers or those of our service providers or other partners and is accessible by authorized employees, representatives, agents, and service providers who require access for the purposes described herein. We will retain personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
TRANSFER AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may also disclose or transfer the categories of personal data outlined above in certain circumstances, including:
- to a buyer or other successor, in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets;
- to our subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, contractors, service providers and other partners we use to support our business and/or collaborate with (e.g., analytics, advertising, email, session replay, teleconference, and data storage and collaboration service providers and partners); provided they are generally bound by contractual obligations to keep such personal data confidential and only use it for the purposes of providing the services for, or with, us based upon your chosen settings, configurations, and/or purchases;
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and/or any other agreement that governs the sale, use or purchases of our products and/or services; and
- to protect the rights, property or security of AikSphere, our employees, our users and/or others.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Some personal data may be collected by us or our partners through cookies, pixel tags, or software development kits (“SDKs”), and other similar technologies for a variety of purposes. E.g., for analyzing trends, administering our website and your communications with us, tracking users’ movement and behavior on our website, gathering information about our user base (such as location information on IP addresses, displaying advertising on our websites, and to manage our advertising on other sites). Cookies, used by most websites, are text files stored on a user’s browser containing information about the user (e.g., information about devices and networks used to access our website). Pixel tags (also known as “web beacons” or “clear GIFs”) are very small images or small pieces of data embedded in images that can recognize cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, a description of the page where the pixel tag is placed, whether an email was viewed, and similar information from your computer or device. SDKs are computer code that mobile app developers can include in their apps to enable data to be collected and related functionalities to be implemented.
ONWARD TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
To facilitate our global operations, and in accordance with applicable laws, we may transfer your personal data to, and access your personal data from, our offices, subsidiaries, affiliates and service providers in the various countries in which we or they operate (including the United States of America). This may be to a country other than the one in which it was provided or collected. When we transfer your personal data, we do so in compliance with applicable data protection laws. We take steps to protect personal data in whatever country it is stored in, transferred to or accessed from.
We are committed to keeping personal data secure, and we have implemented contractual, technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against its unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. Such measures have been implemented taking into account the state of the art of the technology, their cost of implementation, and the risks presented by the processing and the nature of the personal data. When we provide your personal data to third parties, including service providers, we require those companies to protect the personal data they receive.
Nevertheless, although we have tried to make our products and services secure and reliable, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from us cannot be guaranteed. We therefore urge you to exercise caution when conveying any personal data over the Internet. As when disclosing any information on the Internet, you should remain mindful that such information might be accessible by the public and, consequently, may be collected and used by others without your consent. You should also recognize that your use of the Internet and any other means of communication with us is solely at your own risk.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND FEATURES
As a convenience to you, AikSphere may provide links from our websites, products and/or services to other websites maintained by independent third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of independent third parties. We encourage you to be aware of when you leave this website, and to read the privacy policies of any other websites that you may visit.
Some web browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
OUR POLICY TOWARD MINORS
Our website, products and services are not directed to minors under 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal data from minors or sell or share such data as defined by the PIPEDA. If we learn that we have collected personal data of a minor under 16 we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS, AND HOW TO EXERCISE
You may have a right to know what personal information AikSphere has collected about you, and you may have a right to access and to obtain a copy of this personal data. If you believe that any personal data we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, you may also request the correction of it.
You may also have the right to:
- object to the processing of your personal data;
- request the deletion of your personal data;
- request a restriction on the processing of your personal data; and/or
- withdraw your consent, where AikSphere obtained your consent to process personal data (without this withdrawal affecting the lawfulness of any processing that took place prior to the withdrawal).
CHANGES AND OTHER UPDATES
AikSphere Technologies Inc.
Attention: Privacy Issues
7-7015 Tranmere Drive, Mississauga, ON L5S 1T7 Canada